Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sun and Clouds

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Today was such a beautiful day, weather wise!  The sun was out and the weather was a bit warm, making me extra excited for Spring to come.  I took Sam to the park this afternoon and he was in heaven!

But with the Sun, there were clouds.  Grandma Yarn (John's mother's mother) is dying and all we can do is wait.  They found MRSA in her knee and in an abcess they removed from her brain stem, so it is just a matter of time.  I know that for her, this is a blessed thing.   She has struggled with a lot of health problems for years.  But she will be missed.  She was not my grandma for the first 23 years of my life, but she has been for the past 15.  I love her so much.  I love her because she is not like most grandma's.  She isn't what you picture in a sweet old lady, although behind her sass, she really does have a sweet streak!  She will tell it to you straight and never mince words!  But I love her for it!  I have so much to say about her and how I feel, but the tears are just so abundant!  I don't know that my words are even making sense.  I will miss her dearly.  She will be the third loved one I have lost in under 6 months, and my heart hurts for it all.  It is a constant reminder that we are all terminal and every day is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment