Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Patty Cake

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One of Noah's newest and favorite things is patty cake! I merely need to mention the words and he instantly begins to put his little hands together! I just love how fun they are at this age! He is such a sweet baby!

Other important things today was a meeting with Sam's teachers. I think it went really well. His main teacher gave me a book of ideas for children with sensory integration disorders. I can't wait to try some of the ideas. Sam is extremely sensory seeking, which means he needs a lot of sensory input. I once had it explained that he needs a lot of input to all parts of his body, for his brain to remember that they are there. And apparently, if he is focused on getting the input he needs, he can't seem to focus on anything else. It's almost like a young child who has a difficult time getting his food needs met. He would think about nothing else until he got the food he needed. For Sam, it's that way. A lot of his acting out he does to fulfill this need. I'm excited to try the techniques and see if they help. When he is mellow and not acting up, he is a very sweet boy. I love him so much and just want to see more of the real Sam, rather than feeling frustrated with him on such a regular basis!

I will keep you all posted, on what we do, and it will be fun to document our journey here!

No comments:

Post a Comment