Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pink Eye

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's amazing how one little thing can show up in the morning and just change the course of the whole day!  We had a lot planned for today, and when Sam woke up, his eyes were red, red, red.  I had our Stake Humanitarian day planned for the morning and John was going to take Sam to speech.  We had the babysitting arranged and things planned for the afternoon.  I was still able to go and do the projects like I wanted, but the afternoon was crazy.  Sam was not feeling well, I think his eyes bothered him quite a bit, and he had quite the melt down.  He ended up falling asleep in my arms for 2 hours.  Here he is tonight, looking quite a bit better.  I treated him only with essential oils, which has become the norm in our family.  So far, so good.  Every hour, we would apply purify (a blend of several citrus oils, cilantro, pine) to the area around his eye.  I didn't put it in his eye, just above his eyebrow and around.  I also gave him an aromatouch therapy massage, which helped calm him a lot.  This is an amazing massage using 8 different oils and rubbing them into the back and feet in such a way that it really works it into their spine.  I'm hoping he looks much better tomorrow!  Noah is teething (3 top teeth at once) so that has added to the fun!  All in all, it was still a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it was a rough day. I haven't told you how much I think the new look of your blog. I especially like the picture of the three boys at the top. And I like that I get to be the first one to read and comment on your blog tonight! Is that my competitive spirit coming out?

    ReplyDelete