Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, February 5, 2010

My New Best Friend

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

First I want to apologize by how much this blog has been about Sam lately. But, it is indicative of how much this has fillled our lives, as well! And I really want a record of this journey, not just for me, but for him, and for anyone else who may ever find themselves wondering what is going on with their child! I never realized how difficult it would be to find answers. I was naive enough to believe that if something wasn't quite right, I would pack my child up, go to a doctor, tell him the concerns and get an answer as easy as that. Rarely has that been the case in my journey of motherhood! I have had to search and pray and search and talk to others and pray some more and search within more times than I can count! I could spend all night describing some of the amazing, scary and totally out of the blue things we've been through. My children have stumped more than one doctor before! I joke that by the time I'm done raising children, I will have earned my own medical degree--I don't say that real jokingly! I have had to learn a lot and I understand more about all parts of the body than I ever learned in College Biology! I love it though. I love learning and expanding my knowledge and experience. I wouldn't trade this for anything!

The book I posted above is the book the teacher lent us. I have loved reading it and have found so much helpful information! I am again, very excited to see what we can conquer with Sam. Today was another good day. It wasn't quite as perfect as yesterday, but I also had more things going on. There is definitely a correlation between me being even a little stressed and how he reacts. Mostly though, I'm trying to reassure him over and over again how much we love him, how good he is and how hard he is working.

I'm thankful for the friends I've met on this journey, even if I haven't met them in real life. Jewel, who often comments here, is one of those friends. She and I share a lot about this journey with boys who are quite similar. It always helps to know you aren't going through things alone! Jewel, I soooo appreciated your comment yesterday and really loved the insight you gave! It was one more piece of information to file away and help me better understand what Sam is dealing with. I truly can't imagine what it would be like to feel as though part of my body didn't exist. I can't comprehend what our boys face every day!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally recommending this book to a few of my families. You are learning so much. I'll for sure need to pick your brain soon! Keep us posted on his evaluations. Love to all! =D

    ReplyDelete