Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Too Many to Choose













So, I need help choosing which of these three should be my picture for the day! I would love any advice! Feel free to leave a comment below of your favorite! Some days I struggle getting one picture in and somedays, I get 20 and can't choose a favorite!

Well, no snow today, which was such a bummer. I keep hoping for it to dump like 2 feet. Then I can just stay home with the kids and build snow forts in the back yard. Actually, we have it all planned, for the next big storm, we're going to build something really fun in the front yard. I can't spoil the surprise, but you can bet that I will have photos of it when it happens!

So, today, I was thinking about Sam (I do that a lot) and how difficult it is sometimes. I realized that even though it's hard, I'm spending too much precious time focusing on the negative and not enough on finding the joy in the journey. So, starting tomorrow, I'm really going to work at changing my perspective. I want to enjoy these years with him and find the true happiness I know can be there. I had such a special experience with him tonight. As I mentioned last night, I am really big into essential oils. I LOVE all the things they can do. Well, tonight after Sam's bath, I gave him a foot massage with some of the oils (mostly lavendar) that I knew would be relaxing for him. It was amazing how relaxed it was, but even more than that, it was such a bonding experience to just sit there and rub his feet. I spoke quietly and I could tell that he really enjoyed it. Afterwards, he calmly went to bed and we'll see if he makes it all the way until morning in his own bed. So, I'm going to try, every time he begins to get upset and rage, I'm going to calm him with oils and massage and see if it helps. If nothing else, it will calm me!

Well, I'm off to bed (well actually to go catch the end of yesterday's American Idol).

3 comments:

  1. I love them all! But the first is probably my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coram really loves Lavender too - we are on-again-off-again with oils (like everything) but he really loves them when he loves them.

    I'm just starting to read a book called Ten Things Every Child With Autism Wishes You Knew - and I know Sam isn't Autistic but I really think you could get some good stuff from it. Its a very easy read, and the author is so positive she brings tears to my eyes reminding me how much joy there is on this journey. I highly highly recommend you pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for that recommendation, Jewel. I have been looking for some good books to read on this subject. I will definitely grab it!

    ReplyDelete