Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, January 11, 2010

Polar Bear Cereal



Doesn't it look so scrumptious? I love the name too! It's actually granola cereal, but made from scratch and my very first attempt! But somewhere between me telling Olivia that it was called granola cereal and her repeating it, the name became "Polar Bear Cereal" I think it's going to stick! I sure love that little girl!

This was so yummy I could hardly stop snacking on it. Ever since learning that I had celiac, I have missed granola (most oats are contaminated by wheat). It used to be one of my favorite cereals and snacks! Well, this was so easy to make, and honestly, I think it tastes better than any I've eaten before.

In case anyone is interested, all I did was take GF oats, raw sunflower seeds, chopped up raw almonds, banana chips, mango pieces, dried cranberries and raw coconut. I put it all in a bowl and then mixed 1/4 c. of coconut oil and 1/4 c. of agave syrup and mixed together. I poured it onto a cookie sheet and baked for about 45 minutes at 300 degrees. Oh, and of course, I added spices--cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and sea salt!

1 comment:

  1. That looks super yummy. I've been meaning to try making granola. My mom found some that's locally made that's wheat free - they also make something they cal 'grunkle' which is kinda like granola mixed with sesame bars - sweet and crunchy and SP good!

    ReplyDelete