Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Honey and Alexa



Conversation in the car tonight, on the way home from gymnastics:

Olivia: Mom, Honey and Alexa are fighting again. They won't stop hitting each other.
Me: Olivia, tell them to stop.
Olivia: I did, but they won't listen.

Now, out of context, one would think I had 3 girls in the backseat and two of them were fighting! In reality, it was just Olivia! She has quite the imagination and for over a year now, her imaginary friend has been "Honey". She talked to her, fought with her, tickled her, etc. And Honey is actually her left hand. It's great, for her, because she always has a scape goat.

"Olivia, did you make this mess?"

"No, Honey did it."

Recently, her right hand has become Alexa and now apparently, they fight with each other! Sometimes they fight with Olivia, and they always do all the naughty stuff at our house! Overall, I think it's cute, but I can't help but wonder when it will end. I mean, this will end, right? With six kids, I have my share of tattling and fighting to deal with, it really drives me crazy when I have to break up fights or threaten time out to Honey and Alexa! I'm definitely ready for these two to find a new home!

And I have a bonus picture, because honestly, isn't this little face just too yummy for words? He is always being put in a box and pushed around by his siblings. As you can tell, he doesn't seem to mind!

4 comments:

  1. It will end :) I had an imaginary friend named Callie for YEARS! They had a whole family and they were my world. My Mom said it was funny, cute and annoying all at the same time. I will have to ask her when it stopped. But I am living proof that they do end at one point :) She is too cute! And that last picture of Noah is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side note....when I was 12 I ended up meeting and becoming best friends with a girl named Callie. My mom said it was crazy for me to come up with such a name and then to later have a best friend with that same name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can see how that would be both frustrating and super cute at the same time. And yes, I can see why you added the baby in the box photo - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little girl. What an imagination. I'm so glad you posted that pic. of Noah. He is such a sweetheart and growing up too fast!!

    ReplyDelete