Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Little Sunbeam



Today was Sunday, the first Sunday of the new year and my little Olivia is a sunbeam! For those in the LDS religion, you all know what that means. For anyone else, it's the title of the 3 year old class! Before a child turns three, but after 18 months, they are in nursery. They love nursery, lots of snacks, toys, play-doh, etc. But, there is something very prestigious to a 3 year old when they get to become a Sunbeam! For Olivia, it has been talked about for weeks. Just yesterday, as she watched Sam slide around on the ice, she said "Sunbeams don't play on ice". That has been her line for everything. It's almost as if she has reached some magical age and is now all grown up and too mature for all childish things! I love this photo, because she even packed her own bag to take to church, with her doll, snacks, crayons and a few books to read! She looks so grown up that I can barely remember the tiny baby she was just a few short years ago. However, in all her excitement for her big day, this photo clearly shows a bit of apprehension and when the big moment finally came, she melted in my arms, clinging to her doll and didn't want to go. Eventually she did, and she did great, but it was almost as if in one moment, she just wasn't quite ready to grow up. Then again, maybe it was more me having the meltdown (on the inside of course) because I'm not ready for her to keep growing up! I would be content for her to stay in nursery forever!

1 comment:

  1. aww she is so adorable!! I love the expression on her face

    ReplyDelete