Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, January 1, 2010

One of Many Firsts



What a great picture to start the new year off with! My little man has just started to pull himself to standing. He sort of figured it out yesterday, but today, this was all he wanted to do! I snapped this picture, first thing this morning when he discovered that the legs of the chairs at the kitchen table were perfect for helping him stand!

We enjoyed a fairly quiet day at home. Of course, with our sweet Sam, quiet is relative! I love the boy to pieces, and he can truly give the best hugs, but he also has a very short fuse. I know that I have never been the most patient person, but he is teaching me this valuable skill on a daily basis. In a matter of minutes this morning, right after the boys had gotten Noah out of his crib, Sam snuck in my room and got a bottle of lotion and dumped it on the carpet. He was mad at me because I wouldn't let him have anymore candy and this is his way of punishing me. Later, but before naps, he dumped his sister's new body spray all over the kitchen floor. At least that was easier to clean up! And his new way of expressing his frustration at us, is to "Rawr" at us, at the top of his lungs. That's exactly what it sounds like and seriously, when he catches you off guard, it's almost enough to make your heart stop! But then, at the close of the day, when he says his prayers in words that I'm sure only God can understand, I realize just how much I love him and how empty my life would be without him in it. And I know that this is all part of life. Things aren't ever meant to be easy. Growth does not come from easy. So, in this quiet moment, while all the little ones are sound asleep, I will write a few words, collect my thoughts and prepare for tomorrow! After all, I'm not much different than my infant son, working to strengthen his little legs, as he holds on to the chair for dear life. For me, it is my mommy legs I'm working to understand and balance and do all that I can just to not fall. Even with six children, I am only just beginning to learn the lessons, the joys and the pain of parenting.

4 comments:

  1. Too cute and what a great 1st photo!! He will be crusing around in no time. In the next few months I am sure we will be seeing photos of him running around. lol. Great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is precious!!! Oh he is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete