Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pinewood Derby Time



Tonight was my 10 year old son's pinewood derby. In fact, it was his last one, as he will turn 11 in a few short months and enter Boy Scouts. It makes me sad that these cub scout years have gone so fast! I love cub scouts, and I have loved helping my boys advance and watching their progress. My oldest is working towards getting his Eagle, and I'm amazed at what an amazing young man he is. I love the scouting program and I'm so thankful for it in our lives!

Now, on to the fun stuff! It was a blast. He had worked so hard on his car and hoped and hoped that he would win. He didn't, but he gave it a valiant effort! My favorite part of the evening is captured in the picture above. He received his own camera for Christmas and it is the best gift I think he's ever gotten. He doesn't go anywhere without it, and I'm terrified of what will end up on You Tube someday because I constantly find him following us all around with the video part on! Tonight, he filmed his entire pinewood derby! He was so excited and so serious about it! This is the same kid who didn't want just a camera for Christmas, he wanted a video camera, a Mac computer and the full photoshop program so he could make movies! Needless to say, I'm a tad bit curious to see what is in his future!

I love my boys, so much. I have four, so obviously, I will still have pinewood derby days ahead, but its different with each. They are each so unique and wonderful and full of an energy that I can't get enough of! I know exciting things are on the horizon and I'm excited to experience those things with them, as well, but wish it would all slow down just a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment