Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This picture is actually of us at Chuck E. Cheeses, before we headed out to play.  Apparently, I only imagined taking all the fun pics of us in the sunshine! 

Grandma passed away this  morning, and it still doesn't seem real.  I didn't go and say goodbye.  There wasn't a chance between one of us needing to be with the kids and my own fears.  I don't like losing those I love.  I don't like things changing.  I don't like to admit that I am getting older with each day, that some day my own children will be the adults and I don't like reminders of how quickly life passes.  I am grateful to have had her in my life.  I lost my own grandmother when I was 15, and it about broke my heart.  I loved her so much.  When John and I were dating and I met his grandmother for the first time, I knew she was meant to be my grandma, as well!  She was very easy to adopt!   I'm thankful for the beliefs I have about life and death.  I am grateful to know that I will see her again!

Other than that piece of sad news, today was a beautiful day!  The weather was warm, the snow has all melted and I got to spend a few hours out working in my yard!  It was heaven.  I could have spent the whole day!  I have big plans (don't I always) for my yard this year! I want a HUGE garden with vegetables that we can eat all summer long!  I want to grow several lilac bushes (they remind me of my grandma) and all sorts of other flowers and plants.  I want to grow herbs that I can use in my cooking.  I envision spending the summer picking weeds, watering plants and just sitting out on my porch enjoying it all!  See, I really am getting old!  It's easy to imagine every dream, when the first hint of spring hits the air.  And almost as wonderful as the sunshine today, I enjoyed the other signs that spring was on the way.  I saw three boys pulling out their basketball hoop and setting it up, children were on their bikes, 2 siblings sat giggling on their trampoline, 2 sisters dug with mini shovels in the flower garden in front of their house.  We were all ready to leave the bleak, cold winter and just soak up the sunshine!


Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment