Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, March 15, 2010

Busy Wonderful Day

I know I am so behind on pictures.  Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to catch up on them! I'm seriously slacking on all things computer!  It has just been so busy and by the evening when I have a little time to catch up, I'm so tired!  I have lots of pics, even uploaded, I just need to crop, size and post them! 

Today I took the kids to a little farm close to our house.  They loved it!  It was so fun and Sam did so well.  He didn't run away once and he interacted with us just like a normal boy his age.  His speech is still a bit difficult, but he really says so  much.  It is just mostly vowels which can be a bit tricky!

He found a worm today too, that he fell in love with.  In fact, on the way home (yes, I actually let him carry it in the car) he sort of split the worm in half and who knows what else, but it clearly had gone to meet its maker by the time we arrived home.  Sam didn't care though, he promptly buried him in the dirt.  A few hours later, when we went to pick up kids from school, he had to bring wormie.  Needless to say, the poor dead worm was still waiting in the same spot and got to take another road trip in the hands of Sam.  I was just thrilled at his level of interest.  He has been making so much progress and it thrills me for the future.  For so long, I allowed things I read to tell me what to expect for and from Sam.  It created a lot of ceilings for him and me.  I mourned the loss of all the things he may never be able to do.  Lately, I have decided to throw all that out the window.  Sam may have a diagnosis of several things, but they do not define him.  He still has all the potential for a wonderful future that my other children do!  And honestly, I love exploring each new day with him and seeing who he is becoming!  It is an amazing adventure!

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude about not letting the diagnoisis be the child. I'm so happy for his progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for share important life information for your posts and this post is helpful for me and others.

    ReplyDelete